ⓨⓤⓝⓐ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elemental workshop III

4 posters

Go down

Elemental workshop III Empty Elemental workshop III

Post  flessendopje Tue May 25, 2010 6:02 pm

hey all,

as you (might not) know, elemental workshop III was released today

just a short guide for those who are having a hard time.

--- Start ---

Search the bookcase in seers village church to start the quest.

--- Stuff you need ---

12 coal
pickaxe
weapon to kill 3 elementals (lvl 35)
hammer
1 soft clay
the elemental workshop key
a lot of time

--- The Quest ---

As you have nobody to talk to in this quest, and the log is horribly empty all the time, you'll have to figure out a lot on your own, therefor I made this small guide.

-- The key --

In order to enter the body room, you'll need a 'body room key'. To obtain this key, use some soft clay on the book (examine tells you it's profiled). Now you have a key mould, make 3 elemental bars (save some inv, make them at the same time) and use one bar again on the furnace so you melt it into the key mould. Here is your freshly made body room key.

-- Metal sheet --

In order to enter the control room, you'll need a metal sheet A.K.A. primal bar (same item) (works as a key) wich you have to put in the slot. this sheet can be made like the same sheet in elemental workshop II.

You have to make 2 sheets, because you'll need 2 later on.

Elemental workshop III Barslot
the bar in the slot opens the door

-- Puzzles --

The puzzles in this quest are sliding puzzles, much like the ones in clue scrolls or monkey madness, but these puzzles have limited moves and there are some obstacles. Therefor I'll explain how the basics work.
Elemental workshop III Explain1
overvieuw of the puzzle

The counter starts with 50 moves or slides, you can pull a lever 50 times to complete a puzzle. If you run out of moves, the system will refuse to listen to your commands, and it will ask to reset it.

The reset lever will reset the entire puzzle (confirmation required)

The undo lever will undo the last move only (no confirmation, the counter does not undo itself)

The normal levers need to be pushed in order to complete the puzzle

The middle tower, this is what all the fuzz is about. you need to lower it at first, then charge it and then get it back up, I'll explain later how.

The bonus counters, if you can connect the basic rotating block to the right one, you'll get an additional 50 moves/slides
If you're able to connect the left one (after doing the right one, I resetted, the counters will NOT be reset) it'll say the counter is stuck at 62 (you'll see it shaking). from here, it seemed that when my main counter reached 00, I had unlimited moves as neither of the counters went down.

The rotating block, this is the 'source' of all movement, every puzzle needs to be connected to this block in order to work.

Stairs up will lead you back to the tiny control room with the primal bar, incase you need some fresh air.

Elemental workshop III Explain2
joints explained

Normal joint: these blocks can be moved, there are 6 of them with 1 block high, 1 with 2 blocks & 1 with 3 blocks. all of them are used

Bonus counter joint: if you connect to these spots, you get extra turns

Starting point (unseen): cannot be seen on this picture but is there at the height of 1 block

Puzzle 1 : Connect here to complete puzzle 1 (height 1)

Puzzle 2: Connect here to complete puzzle 2 (height 2)

Puzzle 3: Connect here to complete puzzle 3 (height 3) (unseen on this picture)

the purpose is to connect the vertical circles to the main circle (always spinning) this can be done with the sliding connectors.

- Sliding the pieces -

This technique is very different because you have to use the levers, so you can move multiple tiles at once.

Elemental workshop III Explain3
Raster wich shows the levers controlling wich tiles

With this raster I can explain how the tiles move,
for example, if I pull the lever i'm facing, the tile with the blue dot will slide towards the yellow dot

If i would be at the green lever, the blue dot would slide towards the yellow dot, and the red dot towards the blue dot.
Same logic vertically.

- Puzzle 3 -
Elemental workshop III Puzzle3y
The hardest puzzle

This is the best way to make the puzzle, as you can swap between puzzle 3 and 4 in only three moves

- Puzzle 4 -
Elemental workshop III Puzzle4i
Look at the comparisson with puzzle 3

Now that you have done these 4 puzzles, swap puzzle 4 back to puzzle 3, so that the tower drops down again.

Now go up the ladders for some fresh air, enter the cabin, close the door with the lever and ...

SMASH THAT RED BUTTON!!

When the mini-animation ends, go back out the cabin, remove the newly made body bar and put in the second primal bar. Quickly repeat steps 3 & 4 to charge the tower again.

When you get the 2 bars, take your battered book and smith a beautifull 'body body'
Elemental workshop III Equip1
Body body

Congratulations, you completed another amazing puzzle, wich took me lots of time to crack

After a lot of hard work a showoff is a must!

Elemental workshop III Nazgisnoob

I hope it helped, please let me know if you experience errors/gramm mistakes
IQ of rock

Last edited by flessendopje on Wed May 26, 2010 1:13 am; edited 2 times in total
flessendopje
flessendopje
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ

Back to top Go down

Elemental workshop III Empty Re: Elemental workshop III

Post  soul xylion Wed May 26, 2010 12:46 am

nicely done Very Happy

i'm waiting for a full guide to show up somewhere in which every move and every lever-pull is writen down.
i've tried for more then 2 hours to complete this quest but i'm still stuck at teh very first puzzle.

where i complete tresure-trial puzzle boxes in less then 3 minutes this "puzzle" takes me forever.
i have never been a fan of the EW series and i'm glad there wont be more ( or will my nightmare become reality in the future Shocked )

it may take me some time before I retrieve my beloved quest-cape but this is the kind of quest which i happily do with an extremely detailed guide without looking at dialogs. first 2 quests didnt bothered me to do on my own, this one neither.

for now, back to dungeoneering and perhaps next week back to EW3 with a guide.

good luck to everyoen else who is doing this quest on its own or with this guide's help.
soul xylion
soul xylion
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ

Back to top Go down

Post  flessendopje Wed May 26, 2010 12:59 am

soul xylion wrote:but this is the kind of quest which i happily do with an extremely detailed guide without looking at dialogs.

I have to dissapoint you, in the entire quest there are NO dialogs, so all u speak to is to yourself, and mostly you're not saying nice things :-)

glad i could help, reupdated the entire thing, took me another hour Very Happy
flessendopje
flessendopje
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ

Back to top Go down

Post  soul xylion Wed May 26, 2010 1:07 am

perhaps people can use this link... its a vid from youtube explaining the first part of the puzzle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rcriVjmczQ
soul xylion
soul xylion
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ

Back to top Go down

Post  รקคгtคภ ภคzﻮ Wed May 26, 2010 1:51 pm

After a lot of hard work a showoff is a must!

IQ of rock loool that pic POWNS!!! Wink

great job and i will use that mini guide to do my quest .

thanks my friends Very Happy
รקคгtคภ ภคzﻮ
รקคгtคภ ภคzﻮ
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ

https://www.youtube.com/user/n4zg1

Back to top Go down

Post  yurtalking2m Wed May 26, 2010 1:57 pm

after u did puzzle 1 and 2 u can break the counters like this (u can move forever after):

Elemental workshop III Screen20

its easy to make puzzle 3 after u made this set-up
i think its better to do this, for if in future u plan to make more 'body bodies', else you need reset after counter is back to 0 again. as u need move 2 blocks to charge to make the body, and then put back makes the counter goin down......

btw tnx flessendopje, great help and well done!!!!
yurtalking2m
yurtalking2m
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ ΛDMIП
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ ΛDMIП

Back to top Go down

Post  flessendopje Wed May 26, 2010 4:00 pm

My pleasure, you guys write guides also.

i've seen mind, elemental & body body's now, but i dont know if they work at wyverns..

cheers
flessendopje
flessendopje
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ

Back to top Go down

Post  soul xylion Thu May 27, 2010 1:22 am

i finaly did it ( well, i u can call 'I' : looking at a few vids on youtube on how the puzzle has to be made and using a detailed guide on what switches to pull in what order lol! )

i have retrieved my questcape and am a proud ownder again.

here a pic of me with the new emote:

Elemental workshop III Finaly10

(ps: notice the look in my eyes after hours of tryign the puzzles myself and failing tremendous Shocked )

and yes i know it's a bit blurry but otherwise the picture woudl have been to small to see the look on my face lol!
soul xylion
soul xylion
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ

Back to top Go down

Post  flessendopje Thu May 27, 2010 3:24 am

congratulations cheers
flessendopje
flessendopje
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ

Back to top Go down

Post  รקคгtคภ ภคzﻮ Thu May 27, 2010 10:11 am

GRATZZZZZZZZZZZ loool and in your pic , you look lil boy hahahahahah bounce
good job mate bounce
รקคгtคภ ภคzﻮ
รקคгtคภ ภคzﻮ
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ

https://www.youtube.com/user/n4zg1

Back to top Go down

Post  flessendopje Thu May 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Tip.it's guide on EW3 is up, yet there is not yet a code written for the levers

check it here

IQ
flessendopje
flessendopje
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ МĔМßĔŔŚ

Back to top Go down

Post  yurtalking2m Thu May 27, 2010 1:23 pm

tip it forum is, and the guide is bad coz they suggest u need do the puzzle everytime again, that isnt true.

first u make puzzle 1, and a middle piece gets free.
Elemental workshop III Screen26

then u make (without reset) the connection to counter on right side, this gives u an aditional 50 moves. its easy without resetting. u need only add the middle piece at the end of the chain and keep move the chain till the middle piece is at the whole 1.
Elemental workshop III Test_q10

after that u make puzzle 2,just move the middle piece to the other end, what relleases the tall piece. plz still no need to reset!
Elemental workshop III Screen27

from there on make a connection with the left side counter using the tall piece at the end of the chain and move it till it connect with whole 2. (btw the middle piece dont need to be removed) this will make the counter break so u get endless moves. this is convienient if u ever want to make more primed bars, else u need redo the puzzle times and times again.
Elemental workshop III Test_q11

after breaking the counter make puzzle nr 3, u can do easy from this stage.
Elemental workshop III Screen29

puzzle nr 4 u get easy from nr3, its only 2 moves different.
Elemental workshop III Screen28

to go back to nr 3 undo the 2 last moves.

my guide tnx to flessendopje!!!!!!!!!! he told how to make the puzzles
yurtalking2m
yurtalking2m
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ ΛDMIП
ⓨⓤⓝⓐ ΛDMIП

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum